Sunday, October 14, 2007

Sunday Nite Videos & Emission 10.13.07

If you missed it and/or you just want to hear it over and over again, here is last night's show.
Emission 10.13.07



Last week Guy introduced us all to a musician and vocalist by the name of Mimitah. Mimitah Bofondo is 25 years old and resides in London, England. She sings, composes songs and also plays bass guitar. She recently released the single Tata Muasi, which Guy played on last weeks show. I found out about Mimitah through Myspace and once I heard her music I told my dad he HAD to play her song! She definitely puts a fresh spin on the music. Her voice is a rare one in today's musical climate. She's the only female Congolese artist I know of that is as young as she is and it gives me great pride that she is so talented and she takes the composition of music seriously. She carries the torch for the Congolese Women musicians and artists in what is now the 5th Generation of 'Modern' Congolese music, in my humble opinion. I can see her being a musical force internationally. We all here at Tambour d'Afrique wish her all the best.

Here are some video clips of her. The first is a short documentary and the second is the Tata Muasi (Remix).






Here is a clip of Zaiko Langa Langa as headed by Nyoka Longa Jossart in a recent concert. Even to this day Zaiko Langa Langa never fails to entertain with the dance moves. Enjoy.



PEACE...

No comments: