Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Les Kinois & Tele-Music de Brazzaville...

I've been on the prowl for 'new' music for Guy to play on his radio show and also to share with you all for the past few days. I recently discovered 2 acts I'd never heard of before; Orchestre Les Kinios & L'Orchestre Tele-Music de Brazzaville. My guess, judging by the sound, is that these bands are from the early '70s. Their music is great so they must have been overshadowed by the other great bands of their time (which are plenty in number). Enjoy this mix I made which includes a song from Les Kinois and Tele-Music de Brazzaville.

01 orchestre lipua lipua (veve edition) - mombasa
02 orchestre les kinois - les kinois (pt I)
03 l'orchestre tele-music de brazzaville - foya d'ambiance
04 nico & l'african fiesta - nazali se mobali na yo
05 les bantous de la capitale - tchecko

2 comments:

Comb & Razor said...

good stuff... i never heard of these guys either!

ms bazu said...

word. i got a few tracks from each artist. superb music. i wonder how many other groups i haven't heard of...