Monday, May 21, 2007

Sunday Nite Videos...on a MONDAY MORNING

Yesterday after posting a blog entry I went to the Haitian Day Parade of Unity here in Spring Valley, NY. There is a very large Haitian community here so the event drew a lot of people. Guy's sister Dr. Danielle A. Bright, who passed last year due to cancer, was honored by both the town and HAPA (Haitian American Parents Association), the organization that she birthed some 16 years ago. It was a very nice event and it was great to see so many happy faces celebrating their HAITIAN-NESS (the word is made up but you get me lol).

Anyhow when I got home I forgot ALLLL about Sunday Nite Videos so I will bring to you some videos today...

This next video is one of the few songs I remember vividly from my childhood. Me and my older sister loved this song. I've seen it labeled 'SVP MBEY' (Sil Vous Ple?). I love this performance. I love to see how the audiences reacted to the music back then.

ZAIKO LANGA LANGA...



I've been listening to this next song a lot lately...

MBILIA BEL - FAUX PAS



The sound quality is poor on this one but the performance is fantastic. You can hear a better version of the song here:

Faux Pas

both videos courtesy of INNOSITA

PEACE...

1 comment:

jeanluc said...

Hey, I know this Zaïko tune from a concert in the Netherlands where they send a few live tracks on the radio. End of the 80s, I suppose.