Sunday, April 29, 2007

Sunday Nite Videos...

About a month ago I started posting up video clips on Sundays. The reason for this is that I kept running into some REALLY REALLY great quality clips on You Tube that I had to share. I would like to take this time out to thank some of the people who post those quality clips, (these are their 'names' on You Tube. I don't know their real names but they are appreciated just the same):
Innosita
Nasipwondi
Rahndi
Jeannotprosmart
Clanwenge
Likinga
Bedward
Consigliare

Thank you so so much for uploading such wonderful pieces of history. These videos must be retained for future generations and you all are doing a great job of keeping them in rotation.

Today I bring you very heartfelt video. Live footage of Franco singing one of his more personal songs "Kinshasa Mboka Ya Makambo" which means in english, "Kinsahsa City of Problems. During the time that Franco wrote the song there were rumors swirling around him. Some people believed he was a drug dealer and others claimed he no longer loved his city. The rumors obviously hurt Franco as you can tell by the emotion he puts into the performance. When he asks for his guitar 'so I can speak' the song gets even more intense as he lets the guitar strings tell the rest of the story. This is one of the most heart wrenching songs I've heard and seeing the live footage gives the song that much more depth. Franco by his word loved his people and wondered why they wanted to see him fail.



(peace to rahndi for the clip)

2 comments:

jeanluc said...

Thanks. I've seen just before the guitar part somewhere on youtube. One of the most impressive songs from the most successful african musician.

ms bazu said...

you're welcome :)