Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Bemba Seeks Refuge In Portugal...

I've been reading all types of articles in the past few weeks in trying to keep up with the violence that erupted in Kinshasa, lead by Jean-Pierre Bemba's security in late March.

Here are some updates on that situation:

BBC News: Opposition leader leaves DR Congo


Afrol.com: UN Helps Bemba leave Congo-Kinshasa

A few days ago as I searched for songs by Faya Tess (Mbilia Bel's reason for breaking ties with Tabu Ley; I couldn't find any articles on her. Any information on her is welcomed) I found the song "Bana" a duet between herself and Lokua Kanza. Bana (which means "Children" in Lingala) is a song about the trials many children are facing on the Continent and what is needed to ensure their futures aren't doomed. I'm not sure if this song is on a Faya Tess or Lokua Kanza release but it is featured on Putumayo Presents: Acoustic Africa compilation. I was so moved by the beauty of the song I decided to put some new software I had to work and made a lil' video using pictures I saved off google, www.slide.com, and Broadcaster StudioPRO. Guy has spoken on the major issue of child soldiers in the Congo (and other parts of Africa) so I wanted to incorporate that into the video. Warning though some of the pictures are rather heart wrenching (no blood).



Faya Tess & Lokua Kanza: Bana

I'm still working on my next entry in the series of entries following the career of Zaiko Langa Langa and Pepe Felly Manuaku so hold tight. Until next time...Peace

No comments: